Wednesday, March 25, 2009

goodtimes.

Life has changed drastically in the past week. For one, I am no longer employed as I have hit my three month off-season. I am collecting unemployment which kind of feels like cheating. Shouldn't I be worrying that I don't have a job? Wondering how I am going to pay my bills? Instead my bills will just about be taken care of so I can spend my time visiting my family and friends. Yay! Actually so far I have been a very productive unemployed person, I get up at 8 every day and conquer several chores each day. Tomorrow I am even going to do my taxes, wha wha!
Also this week was my birthday. Woot. I don't know why but I feel like 24 is going to be a really good year. Maybe because it's my Golden Birthday (24 on the 24th), but I think it has more to do with the fact that as a kid I attached being 24 to being super adult and cool. I don't think I'll be cool but perhaps I will feel super adult this year?
My birthday parties were awesome. I got super drunk off sake, which gives you the uncontrollable urge to sing karaoke. And not just any karaoke, but songs WAY out of your range like Mariah Carey. I sang flawlessly of course. Those tears the little kids were pumping out were happy tears right?
And looking towards my future life - I will be leaving for Texas in 5 days! I will have no money, no car and no way to get on & off base without a military ID. I will 100% be a "kept" women, which for some reason I am really excited about. I downloaded a recipe for steak to cook Nick when he gets home from work. STEAK. What is this boy doing to me? Damn you feminism, don't abandon me now!

No comments: